About Values Education School Cluster Projects
The three Values Education school cluster projects provide a compelling body of evidence about the impacts of values education. They make a major contribution to our understanding of what good practice in values education is, how it can be implemented and what sorts of difference it can make for students, teachers and whole school communities.
After the release of the National Framework for Values Education in Australian Schools in 2005, three rounds of school cluster projects for Values Education were funded by the Australian Government. In the Values Education Good Practice Schools Project – Stages 1 and 2, 25 clusters of schools from around Australia were selected to design, implement and evaluate quality projects in values education which would reflect and utilise the National Framework in local contexts. The fifteen clusters in the third grants funded project, Values in Action Schools Project, were also required to design their projects around the principles of good practice which emerged from the first two grants projects. The projects, managed by Education Services Australia, centred on using action research methodologies to encourage improved values education practice for all Australian schools.
All schools in Australia, through cluster arrangements, were invited to develop a project proposal and apply for grants. For more information on the successful clusters and their projects visit the links below:
- Values Education Good Practice Schools Project – Stage 1
- Values Education Good Practice Schools Project – Stage 2
- Values in Action Schools Project Clusters
The Final Reports of the Values Education school cluster projects provide invaluable information for schools and school leaders on implementing values education in your school community. A broad range of schools using a wide variety of approaches were involved in the projects. Schools will find ideas and inspiration for their own implementation of values education.
Final reports of the learnings and outcomes from each of the projects are downloadable from the website as executive summaries and full reports:
- Implementing the National Framework for Values Education in Australian Schools: Report of the Values Education Good Practice Schools Project – Stage 1, September 2006
- At the Heart of What We Do: Values Education at the Centre of Schooling – The Final Report of the Values Education Good Practice Schools Project – Stage 2, August 2008
- Giving Voice to the Impacts of Values Education – The Final Report of the Values in Action Schools Project, October 2010